We like to think our team here at Denny Civic Solutions is no slouch when it comes to keeping busy. But if anyone puts our work ethic to shame, it’s our clients.
September and October are filling up fast with some exciting events – check ‘em out below, and mark your calendars!
- Wednesday, September 11th from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm: The Mid-Atlantic Mothers Milk Bank is holding an open house for southwest Pennsylvania state legislators to say “thank you” for their support of donor milk to help our most fragile infants in our State’s NICUs.
- Monday, September 16th at 6:00 p.m.: Our friends at the Family Care Campaign are excited to partner with PA Representative Wendi Thomas (R-Bucks) and PA Senator Maria Collett (D-Montgomery) as they kick off a bipartisan Family Care Act listening tour in the Southeast! Both legislators will discuss why the FCA and paid family medical leave are important to them, and will host a panel of local experts and families impacted by the current lack of access to paid leave in PA. Location: BuxMont Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 2040 Street Rd, Warrington, PA 18976
- Tuesday, October 8th at 10:00 a.m.: PA Senator Dan Laughlin (R-Erie) will keep the Family Care Act train rolling into Erie, hosting a Family Care Act Town Hall Event with his own distinguished panel of experts and members of the Erie community. Senator Laughlin will talk about why he introduced the Family Care Act to help families caring for loved ones, to help our veterans get the time they need to heal, and to help small PA businesses compete when it comes to attracting and retaining talent. Location: Pennsylvania Soldiers and Sailors Home, 560 E 3rd St, Erie, PA 16507
- Wednesday, October 16th at 7:00 p.m.: PA Representative Dan Miller (D-Allegheny) will be hosting a Community Conversation on Challenges Facing Working Families here in the Southwest, tackling issues like child care, accommodations for pregnant women in the workplace, and – you guessed it – why he introduced the Family Care Act with Rep. Thomas, and why it matters to him. Location: Dormont Public Library, 2950 W Liberty Ave, Pittsburgh, PA 15216
- Tuesday, October 29th all day: DCS is proud to once again serve as a sponsor of The Nonprofit Partnership’s Nonprofit Day 2019 in Erie. Our team will be there tabling, attending workshops, and networking with some of the most dynamic nonprofit organizations in the Northwest and beyond. Hope to see you there! Location: Bayfront Convention Center, 1 Sassafras Pier, Erie, PA 16507